Thursday, May 3, 2007

I have neglected this blog for the evils of myspace, but thought I'd better check back in here and catch everyone (all one of you that read this...maybe a phone call would be easier) up on the latest going-ons.

After 5 weeks, I am finally meeting with the surgeon today to schedule surgery (hence the surgeon) to have my gall bladder removed. I find it absolutely facsinating that 5 weeks ago I walked into the doctor and told her that it was my gall bladder and that it would have to be removed...and yet it took five week, one trip to give blood, one ultrasound, one hour-long test involving the drinking of barium and powdered alka seltzer, one hour-long test involving the injection of radioactive chemicals, one half-hour test involving the injection of morphenie and two additional appointments with my primary care physicion before she could come to the same conclusion. Sometimes I wonder about modern medicine!
I am truly hoping that despite the discomfort that he does not schedule surgery for this weekend. I have plans for this weekend and I really don't want to miss out. I know, I know, where are my prioritites? Don't I care about my health? Yes, I care about my health...but I also care about the people I made plans with...if I cancel, they have to cancel, and that's just sad. I am actually hoping that he will schedule for early next week...maybe Monday or next Saturday (5/12) although I do have lunch plans for that day too.
I think it's safe to say that I am way too busy to have my gall bladder out.

I am also having gynecological issues. I had an abnormal PAP in February which they followed up with a Colposcopy and a biopsy of three areas of my cervix (that was not a comfortable procedure). Now I have to go in in two weeks to have a LEEP done. Electrified wires cutting off private, sensitive parts of my body? I am definitely NOT looking forward to that appointment. I think they should put you to sleep when they do that procedure. None of this numb you locally thing...
Ok, I am beginning to think that if I had children that I wouldn't be able to do it naturally...I'd be screaming for the drugs.

I will write again when I know more about my surery.

Until then....take care and have an awesome day!

No comments: