Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Countdown to a Healthier Me

10 foods I have to learn to eat in moderation
  • Reese's peanut butter cups
  • French fries
  • Vanilla soft serve ice cream
  • Sirloin steak
  • White or yellow cake with vanilla frosting
  • Cookies
  • Spaghetti
  • Bread
  • Pizza
  • Chocolate Frosty's

9 foods I want to add to my diet

  • 1% milk
  • Melons
  • Fish, other then just tuna
  • Spices!
  • Spinach
  • Berries, other then just strawberries
  • Whole wheat bread
  • Whole wheat pasta
  • Brown Rice

8 reasons I have for wanting to lose weight

  • I want to weigh less then my husband
  • I want to be able to walk long distances without my thighs chafing
  • I want to be able to stand for a long period of time without my ankles bruising
  • I want to be able to wear 'cute' clothes
  • I want to be able to get up and down off the floor without my knees hurting
  • I want to be able to share clothes with my sister
  • I want to try to avoid having diabetes, high cholesterol and other weight related illnesses
  • I want to have more energy

7 excuses I have used in the past for not losing weight

  • I have PCOS
  • No one in my family is small
  • It's too expensive to eat healthy
  • I don't have the time to exercise
  • Why bother? No one cares what I look like anyway
  • I'm not that heavy
  • It's impossible, I just can't do it!

6 motivational quotes to keep me going

  • 'A man's doubts and fears are his worst enemies.' -William Wrigley Jr
  • 'Other people and things can stop you temporarily. You're the only one who can do it permanently.' -Zig Ziglar
  • 'Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.' -Walter Elliot
  • 'Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.' -H.L. Hungt
  • 'We never repent of having eaten too little.' -Thomas Jefferson
  • 'Never, never, never quit!' -Winston Churchill

5 exercise goals I have for 2007

  • I want to be able to complete the Susan Komen breast cancer walk in October
  • I want to be able to walk at least 4 miles a day, 5 days a week
  • I want to strengthen my core muscles
  • I want to start weight training for tone and definition
  • I want to learn to belly dance

4 things I want to be able to wear

  • mini skirts
  • calf high boots
  • fitted tops
  • lacy bras

3 lifestyle changes I need to make to be successful

  • eat out less
  • plan my meals
  • make exercise a priority

2 reasons I overeat

  • boredom
  • being tired

1 person I am doing this for

  • ME!!!

No comments: